Department of Rural Development
- To involve individuals and organizations in planning and implementing programmes for improving the Economic and Social life of Rural masses.
- To adopt a village and bring about a progressive change among the community in the areas of Infrastructure, Human development and Economic development.
- To create awareness on existing rural development schemes being implemented by various government departments and coordinate with the respective department.
Smt. Sara Kunnath, Deputy Director/Senior Faculty (Rural Development)
Areas of research:
- Rural sanitation
- Health and Nutrition
- Women entrepreneurships
- Skill based women entrepreneurship
- Marketing of products produced by rural women